I’ve always believed that there are only two things that you need to do to become a successful blogger. I call them having good “Fundamentals” and good “technicals” (Just like investing in the stock market hehehehe…) What I refer to as good Fundamentals is the writing of good content, having a good and search engine friendly blog template and having a good layout of your blog. Having good “technicals” means doing stuff that will drive traffic to your blog. One of the ways that will drive traffic your blog is to increase your ranking in google for HITLOD keywords (High traffic or high trend – low density keywords)
- Who is DJ Montano and Brian Gorrell and why you should get to know them
- Exploiting the Pinay Scandal keyword
- How Mr. Bean can help bring traffic to your blog or website
- Googel = Googol = ?
In order to achieve this, follow these steps:
1.) Check if the keyword is a high traffic or high trend keyword– Go to Google trends and type a keyword. If it shows up in the graph then it is a high traffic keyword. Make sure that the graph trend is consistent and that the trend is not going down. There are different types of high trend keywords and I will discuss them in future posts. But for now just make sure the graph shows that the keyword search is either consistent or going up.
2.) Check if the keyword is a low density keyword – A low density keyword means that there are only a few sites competing for such keyword. This makes getting to the top much more easier for you. You can easily do this by typing the keyword in Google. On the right side of the search page you can see how many websites refers to the keyword. The rule of the thumb is, the lower the number the better it will be for you. My personal rule is that I never go for keywords wherein I have to compete with 5 million sites. Most of my keywords are those wherein the competition is only less than 500,000. I have written extensively about some specific High trend, low density keywords.
3.) Write a good article on the keyword – Most SEO experts agree that a good article on a keyword is one which contains the following:
- Keyword must be in made “Bold” at least once or twice in the article body
- The keyword is mentioned a reasonable number of times in the article. By “reasonable” a good rule of the thumb to follow is that the keyword on the post itself amounts to about 3 % of the total number of words in the article.(You still have to consider tags and keywords on pictures if you have some) Most experts agree that total keyword density for an article must be from 3 to 5 %. To check the keyword density of your post go to http://www.keyworddensity.com/
Again, do not forget that fundamentals go hand in hand with the technical. So the primordial consideration is always to write a good article. Remember always the principle by the great John Chow “People first, before Google.” So write for people first, after this try to make sure you get 2 to 3 % of your keywords into the article. But again do not force it if it will make the article look like crap. A good example of this is the article I wrote for the keyword “Money saving tips.”
4.) Build back links – There are several factors why your page gets pushed up to the front page in Google. But the strongest factor is always back links for your certain keyword. There are several ways to build back links. You can resort to paid links. However most of us would want to have it for free. The following are ways to do this for free
- One way to do this is to build back links internally within your blog. When you write an article about the same topic, you refer to the previous article containing the keyword, just like what I did with the links above.
- Another is that you ask other bloggers to link to your blog with a certain keyword. Make sure that they use the keyword as the anchor text. However this will only give you reciprocal links. These are good links but not as good as one way back links.
- A third way and still what I consider as the best way is to submit your article to hundreds of directories. The “About the author” box should have a link back to your blog with your keyword as the anchor text. (For an example of this go to Google type “Why content is still king” The first article in Google with that title is written by me. Scroll down and you will see the author’s resource book with the anchor text “Charlie bit me” linking to my blog. The HITLOD keyword “Charlie bit me” is what I am trying to optimize here.)
When you submit to article directories, make sure you do not submit the same article because you would penalized for article duplication. Hence you will have to rewrite the articles that you will be submitting. Write several articles on your keyword and repeat step no. 4. A single article may not be enough to get you to the top of google for a certain keyword. So try to write again on the same subject until you get into the top 10 of Google. Some keywords are so competitive that you have to write several articles and submit them to several directories before you will be able to land in page number 1 in any search engine.
5.) Be patient – Search engines have to do their thing and it may take them a while to crawl and compute the algorithm that they have programmed to compute in order to place sites in their proper places. So it may take a while before your blog will be placed in its rightful place, so cross your finger, and hope for the best. Happy blogging on your laptop or desktop and race you to the top !
Hi ! my name is Zigfred Diaz, Thanks for visiting my personal blog ! Never miss a post from this blog. Subscribe to my full feeds for free. Click here to subscribe to zdiaz.com by Email
You may also want to visit my other blogs. Click here to learn stock marketing investing. Click here to learn more about How to Earn cash online. Visit my travel blog to learn more about great travel ideas.