What on earth is VOIP ?

Last week I wrote something about VOIP in a post although the main topic was not all about VOIP but about business. Some of my readers who are not technology savvy are wondering what VOIP is. (Voice Over Internet Protocol) It is very important to know what VOIP is, since it is considered as the “Next big thing” to  computers. I will be writing more about this in the business category. For those of you who wish to understand what it is, here is a nice little clip from Youtube. The clip may be old (2004) but it tells you basically what VOIP is all about. By the way VOIP technology has somewhat advanced for the past 3 years. Here’s the clip.

Like what you just read ? Check these out !

zmd Hi ! my name is  Zigfred Diaz, Thanks for visiting my personal blog ! Never miss a post from this blog. Subscribe to my full feeds for free. Click here to subscribe to zdiaz.com by Email

You may also want to visit my other blogs. Click here to learn stock marketing investing.  Click here to learn more about How to Earn cash online. Visit my travel blog to learn more about great travel ideas.

This entry was posted in Technology and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to What on earth is VOIP ?

1. iggy says:

How is it related or different from SkYPE? Confused?

2. zigfred says:

Iggy: I can go through great lengths to explain it, but I think the best explanation on the difference between VOIP and SKYPE is found here http://www.businessevolved.com/articles/19/1/Skype-vs.-Vonage:-VoIP-Services-Explained!

Feel free to ask if there are still some stuff that confuses you.

3. kristine says:

hmmm… just dropping by. :) zenith “advertised” this blog of yours to me…
    oh yeah, VOIP is one of my best friends now! it’s just soooo practical and affordable.. and it’s quite amazing a way to get in touch with our loved ones. :)

4. zigfred says:

Kristine: Thanks for dropping by my blog. Oh by the way thanks for the pin and the Mona Lisa painting. I love it !!! Best of regards

5. Voipman says:

If i may ask, what blog software are you running? how much does it cost? and where can i get a copy? if you dont mind me asking.

6. zigfred says:

Voipman: I am running wordpress. WordPress is free. Most hosting companies give the users the option of install wordpress in their hosting accounts.